Interesting facts about the sea creatures crawling
Interesting facts about the sea creatures crawling and flying
In salt water seas and oceans inhabited by hundreds of species of animals. Living creatures found even near the hot thermal springs and submarine at the bottom of the deepest ocean trenches. Below are some interesting facts about marine life, mysterious and amazing facts of life is not similar to each other Aboriginal oceans.
Interesting facts about the different kinds of marine life
• Trees on land must be hundreds of years to grow to several tens of meters. Some species living in seawater kelp grow up to 200 meters per year. Their growth rate – 60 centimeters per day. But there are also tiny, free-floating in the water almost all the oceans unicellular algae such as diatoms. Even 1kub.sm Antarctic ice can be up to 30 thousand
• Some semblance ancestors flatworms, known to all parasites – is living in the sea vetvistokishechnye worms. Marine flatworms are predators and very interesting the way they hunt. Roth vetvistokishechnyh worms located on the belly, and is equipped with a gut-wrenching throat. When sliding on the surface of the submerged rocks, sea worm finds, for example, sitting on it barnacles (small crustaceans), it just pulls it throat, and then the food is supplied by branch bowel immediately to all parts of the body.
• Cephalopods – cuttlefish, squid and octopus – striking range of its “size” number. The smallest octopus, has, as expected, eight feet fit on the nail of the thumb, and the largest, the size of which documented, had a length of 4 meters and weighed 58 kilograms.
• Octopus – is surprisingly clever and interesting marine life. Intelligence was not inferior to the intellect of the dog. Killing such as crab, octopus always are assessing the distance to the hole, and if it is close, he takes the victim with him, as if far away, carefully eats the crab most delicious place. By the way, in his burrow octopus carefully observes cleanliness, regular “sweeps” of its stream from the funnel, and the shells of crabs eaten folds neatly to the side.
• Maritime lobster Homarus cancer is very similar to ordinary crayfish, but turns into a real monster with claws that grows and “fattens” the weight up to 20 kg.
• Other shellfish – lobster – claw have not. Their weapons – long, sharp mustache. Trying to protect yourself from the eternal enemy – octopus, lobsters used as a refuge coral caves, which are hiding, holding out his mustache like a spear.
• Mouth-known echinoderm marine life – sea star, located in the center of her hand consisting of five-rays of the body. This mouth is the biggest starfish Pycnopodia helianthoides (80cm diameter and 4.5 kg weight) free swallowing sea urchin, and then spits it bare bones.
Interesting facts about marine life – fish
• the fastest fish in the short distances, sea sprinter – a swordfish. In extreme moments she is able to briefly hold a speed of 130km / h.
• This fish glutton – a black Crookshanks. The weight of the victim, which he swallows, may exceed its own weight in half.
• The most deep-sea fish abissobrotula recognized. It belongs to the family of oshibnevyh abissobrotulu and found in the waters of Puerto Rico trench, at a depth of 8 of 370 meters.
• In the Red Sea are found fish can swim “in reverse.” They are called sea snipe.
• Volatile fish to jump out of the water, to develop speed 75km / h and able to plan for one minute at a distance of 400 meters.
• Most venomous fin spines of the fish family Synanceia borodovchatki terrible. Three hours after the injection of its thorns dying pricked 7 of 25 people.
• Shark, in search of food by smell, responds not only to the water trapped in tiny droplets of blood, but also to vomiting and other biological selection.
• The largest great white shark is sometimes swallow their prey whole. So in the stomach of one of the representatives of this species was once found a sea lion, weighing 45 kilograms.
• The blue whale – an animal that has no equal in size not only in water but also on land. The length of this marine life reaches 33 meters and weigh more than 100 tons